What To Look For When Selecting the Right Repair ShopNo Comments
Is your car in good hands when it needs repairs or maintenance? Look for the following characteristics in selecting an auto repair shop to care for one of your most valuable assets:
• Is the shop and customer waiting area clean and organized? Cleanliness and organization are signs of a well-run business.
• Are customers greeted and treated in a friendly and respectful manner? Many auto repair businesses excel in the area of customer service and satisfaction. A simple phone call to the shop to inquire about their services will give you a glimpse of how they treat customers.
• Does the business have its credentials on display? Membership in the Better Business Bureau (BBB), certification through the National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) and membership in various trade associations are a few noteworthy endorsements to look for in the process of doing your research. Credentials and affiliations are solid indicators of professionalism and the management’s commitment to training and education.
• Does the business provide a written estimate? The business should complete a full written estimate and request your signature prior to starting any repairs on your car.
• Does the business offer a warranty? Most auto repair businesses offer a warranty on parts and labor and the warranty is usually in writing on both the estimated repair order and the final work order. In some instances warranty statements may also be posted in the waiting area.
• Does the business have a list of satisfied customers or references that it is willing to share? Satisfied customers and recommendations from family, friends and neighbors are helpful in finding a good shop. Many auto repair facilities also have company Web sites that are worth checking out as they often include testimonials and additional information about the business.
For most people, a vehicle is their second biggest investment next to a home. It makes sense to take the time to select an auto repair facility that will take the best care of your investment.